Dr. Begoña de la Roza-Delgado
Expert in feed evaluation with near infrared reflectance spectroscopy
Dr. Begoña de la Roza-Delgado (Regional Institute for Research and Agro-Food Development. SERIDA, Spain) has a degree in Biology. She has been distinguished in 2002 with the Asturias Award Research. The main expertise related to this COST action “Feed for Health” of Dr. Begoña de la Roza-Delgado is focussed on the feed evaluation at laboratory level employing traditional methods and near infrared reflectance spectroscopy to guarantee the quality and safety on animal nutrition and she has more than twenty years experience in the application of Near Infrared Spectroscopy (NIR). She is a Head of Nutrition Laboratory with ISO 17025 accreditation on different parameters related with animal feeds.
Last years the studies conducted in our group we are focussing in three cross-linked fields:
- Forage production and conservation techniques to increase the nutritional value and other quality and to reduce and minimize environmental risks
- Milk production on sustainability systems to know animal response to determine the effect of grazing time on milk fatty acid composition. Feeding strategies to increase functional nutrient content in milk
- Develop and validate analytical methods to propose methodology could provide a potential for at-line/on-line monitoring quality and safety control in food and feed industry
We have participated in 40 Research Projects and we have specific agreements with agro-food industry.
- Application of Near Infrared Microscopy (NIRM) for the detection of meat and bone meals in animal feeds. A tool for food and feed safety, B. de la Roza-Delgado; A. Soldado, A. Martínez Fernández, F. Vicente, A. Garrido-Varo, D. Pérez-Marín, M.J. De La Haba and J.E. Guerrero Ginel, Food Chemistry. Vol.: 105, 1164-1170, 2007
- Application of near infrared spectroscopy as screening tool for rapid detection of Aflatoxin B1 in maize and barley . Fernández-Ibáñez, V., Soldado, A., Martínez-Fernández, A. and de la Roza-Delgado, B. Food Chemistry, Vol. 113: 629-634 , 2009
- Spectral library validation to identify ingredients of compound feedingstuffs by near infrared reflectance microscopy. Fernández-Ibáñez, V., Fearn, T., Soldado, A. and de la Roza-Delgado, B. Talanta, Vol. 80, 54-60, 2009
- Improving the discriminatory power of a near infrared microscopy spectral library with a support vector machine classifier. Fernández-Ibáñez, V., Fearn, T., Montañés, E., Quevedo, J. R., Soldado, A. and de la Roza-Delgado, B. Applied Spectroscopy, Vol. 64(1), 66-72. 2010
- Development and validation of near infrared microscopy spectral libraries of ingredients in animal feed as a first step to adopting traceability and authenticity as guarantors of food safety. Fernández-Ibáñez, V., Fearn, T., Soldado, A. and de la Roza-Delgado, B.
Food Chemistry, Vol. 121, 871-877. 2010
- Improving the Fatty Acid Profile of Dairy Cow Milk by combining grazing with feeding on total mixed ration. E. Morales-Almaráz, A. Soldado, A. González, A. Martínez-Fernández, I. Domínguez-Vara, B. de la Roza-Delgado, F. Vicente.Journal of Dairy Research, Vol. 77, 225-230. 2010